Welcome to Assignments Matter! We are very excited to be here with you and are looking forward to spending the day making, revising, and sharing writing assignments for your middle and high school classroom.
Our first Assignments Matter Day will kick off January 24, 2015 as 500 middle and high school educators meet at 20 locations around the country to make and share assignments.
In the meantime, we invite you to introduce yourself to the Assignments Matter community via social media and browse the various spaces related to our community.
- Check out the Assignments Matter blog, which will be the central repository for all news, live events, and archives. It also contains handy guides and some answers to FAQs.
- Check out our Guide to Social Tools to see if you have everything set-up and working in a way that will you support you to begin.
- Check out the G+ community and #tasksmatter on Twitter! You can search for Assignments Matter related posts and tag your own posts with the hashtag #tasksmatter. Feel free to introduce yourself and welcome others.
- Put yourself on the Assignments Matter Map.
Take your writing assignments to the next level using Literacy Design
Collaborative Tools and the support and assistance of other educators who are part of NWP’s national professional learning community. Experience the deep engagement and learning experience that comes from making and tinkering with a team. Share what you made with the larger community of assignment makers on our google group and on twitter.
We’ve organized our Assignments Matter day around the following activities:
- Writing into the Day
- Demonstration: Why and How Assignments Matter
- Making New Assignments
- Protocol Guided Sharing Drafts
- Remaking and Remixing Assignments
- Sharing with the National Community
- Reflection and Opportunities for Extension
AL | Red Mountain Writing Project
AR | Arkansas Delta Writing Project
CT | Connecticut Writing Project – Fairfield
GA | Georgia Southern Writing Project
IN | Appleseed Writing Project
LA | Greater New Orleans Writing Project
MD | Maryland Writing Project
MI | Wayne State Writing Project
MN | Minnesota Writing Project
MO | Gateway Writing Project
MS | Live Oak Writing Project
MT | Montana Writing Project
ND | Red River Valley Writing Project
NJ | National Writing Project at Rider University
NM | Bisti Writing Project
NV | Northern Nevada Writing Project
NV | Southern Nevada Writing Project
OH | National Writing Project at Kent State University
PA | Northeastern Pennsylvania Writing Project
UT | Central Utah Writing Project
WA | Central Washington Writing Project